All children in KS2 will be taught French and the focus of study will be on practical communication learning through rhyme, song, stories, drama and role play.
Pupils will be taught to :
- listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- explore the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes and link the spelling, sound and meaning of words
- engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; express opinions and respond to those of others
- speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures
- present ideas and information orally to a range of audiences.