The aims of history in our school are:
· To enable children to understand about significant historical events and how things have changed over time.
· To develop a sense of chronology.
· To have some knowledge and understanding of historical development in the wider world.
· To help children understand society and their place within it, so they can develop a sense of their cultural heritage.
· To develop children’s skills of enquiry, investigation, analysis, evaluation and presentation.
The school has also invested in a class set of VR headsets which enable the children to go on regular virtual fieldtrips using Google Expeditions. This helps them understand about and experience different historical events in time.
Here are some of the places we have visited to enhance our topics: