The aims of geography in our school are:
· To develop a sense of what it might be like to live in different places around the world.
· To explore the connections and links between these places, the people who live there and how it relates to their own lives.
· To understand the relationships between people and the environment.
· To develop an awareness of the need to protect and conserve the environment.
· To acquire the techniques and skills necessary for geographical enquiry.
· To develop children’s skills of geographical enquiry, investigation, analysis and evaluation, fieldwork and map skills and decision making.